Create a Crazy Crayon Craft inspired by the crayons from Drew Daywalt’s picture book: The Day the Crayons Quit
Inspiration Book: The Day the Crayons Quit
Author: Drew Daywalt
My Review: The Day the Crayons Quit is a very funny and cute story about a boy who opens his crayon box and finds some letters left by his own crayons.
They all complain about how the owner treats each one of them in a way that they do not like. In one page, the grey crayon complains that he is being used a lot when coloring huge animals like elephants and hippos!
This story teaches kids about colors in a funny way and inspires them to be a bit more creative!
- Construction Paper – Any Color: Choose your favorite color
- Glue or Glue Sticks
- Free Crazy Crayon Craft Template
- Googly Eyes – to decorate
Preparation: (Ask a parent for help)
STEP 1: PRINT THE CRAFT ON CONSTRUCTION PAPER
- Start by printing the craft template on a colored construction paper of your choice.
STEP 2: CUT THE CRAFT INSIDE ALONG THE LINES
- Cut out the crazy crayon craft by using the template shapes to guide you. Cut inside along the line so that there will be no printed outline visible once the craft is completed.
Making the Craft
STEP 3: GLUE THE CRAFT TOGETHER
Use the following preview to guide you glue the craft together:
STEP 4: FINISHED CRAFT!
MAKE SURE TO DECORATE THE CRAFT!
Use pattern paper! markers! googly eyes! Anything to make the crazy crayon craft reflect your personality! Be as creative as you can be!
HAVE YOU DONE THIS CRAFT?
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT!
I would love it if you could please share your finished version of this craft with me.
Please don’t be shy, I love receiving emails and I promise I will respond as soon as possible!
Please email photos to my personal email: Pam@craftypammy.com
or you can leave a comment on the section below. Let me know what you liked or didn’t like about this craft.