Create a Bunny Craft out of paper inspired by Floppy the Bunny from Salina Yoon’s picture book: Found
Inspiration Book: Found
Author: Salina Yoon
My Review: Found is a wonderful and amazing book about a nice bear that finds a lost toy bunny! It is a warm & beautiful story with many nice messages for everyone. Found is filled with plenty of love and lessons about honesty, responsibility, doing the right thing, sharing and more.
- Construction Paper – Colors: White, Pink, and a color of your choice (for the tummy and ears)
- Glue or Glue Sticks
- My Floppy the Bunny Free Craft Template
Preparation: (Ask a parent for help)
STEP 1: PRINT AND CUT THE CRAFT
Start by printing the craft template and continue to cut out each piece of Floppy the Bunny Craft Template.
STEP 2: TAPE PIECES ON TOP OF CONSTRUCTION PAPER
Tape the pieces labeled A, B, E, G, I, J, K, L on white construction paper. These will be the body, arms, feet, head and ears of the bunny.
Tape the pieces labeled C, F, H on ANY COLOR construction paper, I used blue for mine. These will be the tummy that is inside of the body and the color inside of the ears.
Tape the piece labeled D on top of pink OR red construction paper. This will be the nose of the bunny.
STEP 3: CUT CONSTRUCTION PAPER
Cut out Floppy the Bunny inspired construction paper pieces by using the template shapes to guide you.
Making the Craft
STEP 4: GLUE THE CRAFT TOGETHER
Use the following preview to guide you glue the craft together:
- Glue the colored little ear shape labeled ‘F’ centered on top of the ear shape labeled ‘E’.
- Repeat with shape labeled ‘H’ and ‘G’
- Now Glue the ears that you just made underneath the head shape labeled ‘A’
- Now Glue the eyes and nose labeled ‘D’ on top of the head shape labeled ‘A’
- You should now have a complete bunny head with ears. Glue this on top of the body labeled ‘B’, on the side that isn’t round.
- Glue the arms labeled ‘J’ and ‘I’ to your bunny underneath the body labeled ‘B’
- Now Glue the legs labeled ‘K’ and ‘L’ underneath the body labeled ‘B’
- Finish by Gluing the colored tummy labeled ‘C’ on the center of the body labeled ‘B’
STEP 5: FINISHED CRAFT!
MAKE SURE TO DECORATE THE CRAFT!
Use pattern paper! markers! googly eyes! Anything to make the craft inspired by Floppy the bunny reflect your personality! Be as creative as you can be!